DC++ INSIDERS FORUM
March 29, 2024, 01:44:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DC++ OPTIMIZATION

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DC++ OPTIMIZATION  (Read 3711 times)
TYRRAM

« on: October 19, 2007, 11:05:50 pm »

The first thing you need to do is get a segmented or multi source client like Apex, Ice or xion, Zion, apex speed mod or strong dc++ or LDC++ for new users i would recommend Apex dc++ 0.4.0 or Strong dc++ 2.05 these two seem to be less buggy and easy to work with. So I'm going to assume you have a multi source client. I'm also going to assume you already went through the proper DC++ setup especially in the connection settings and router settings. These are tweaks so the first thing to do is:

Go to file / settings / downloads and Under the limits in the boxes called:

1. Max simultaneous files (0= infinite) put 999.

2. Next box max simultaneous downloads put 999.

3. Highest priority download slot set at 3.

4. For no new downloads if speed exceeds put 999 again.

*Note: I know it all says 0 for disable and infinite but i just don't take that on blind faith and personal experience shows 999 is better.

Now go to file / settings / queue:

1. In the drop down box beside enable multi source drop it down and select automatic.

2. Check mark beside automatically search for alternate tth source every and put 5 min in the box.

3. Check mark beside don't begin new seg if overall file speed is over and put 999 in the box.

4. Check mark beside manual settings for number of segments and highest setting allowed.

*Note: This means 10 for Zion, Apex, Ice, LDC and Strong, 50 for Xion and 200 for Apex speed mods.

5. The boxes to check in the box below this are: use anti fragmentation method for downloads, Advanced resume using TTH, Use auto priority by default. The rest are optional based on your personal preferences.

Now we go to file / settings / advanced most of these boxes in here are optional the most important in regards to speed are:

1. Check mark enable safe and compressed transfers.

2. Check mark both Send garbage on incoming and outgoing connection. (to avoid ISP P2P throttling)

Now we go to file / settings / experts only:

1. In the box labeled max sources for match put 999.

2. In the box labeled max sources for match put 999.

so thats mostly it, some variations in some clients but the majority of popular clients are as such. now as far as optimal searching your on your own you have to learn what works best for you depending on what you're looking for but one hint is to not trust your client to search for alternates for you do it yourself and if you are away from the comp and it does it well great. Oh and by the way your speed are also very dependant on whether or not your router and or modem are properly configured in connection settings. You must have the right numbers and settings in there, most problems people have on DC++ comes from improper settings in connection settings or in their routers.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

-seraphim-

http://www.qsdc.org

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 12:03:44 am »

U seted those up to the highest levels...
Yeah , for downloads those are the best things u need to change ... But if u  host a hub or more u have to keep ur downloads to  minimum and the uploads even less...
Report Spam   Logged

~We dance the dance of life~On the stage of time ~Theater of God the  holy colors  of the dreams~The fruits of the mind~They are mine and they are yours.~

The Architect

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 01:23:33 am »

As a matter of fact, I tend to disagree. Hubhosting requires much more upstream than downstream traffic width. The downstream of a 300 user HeXHub is as follows:

Received:   71 bps (0.071 kbps)

That means around 72 Bits per second, also known as 12 bytes per second. This is almost nothing compared to the upstream which is:

Sent:   395 bps (0.395 kbps)

Please take note that this is a HeXHub, not a YnHub, so that is why the bandwidth stats look a little "wow"-ish in efficiency. In the case of YnHub which is more commonly used, you would need even more upstream and still use roughly the same downstream.

My point here is that only upstream really needs to be limited when running a hub. And if you wanna know a little secret, always make sure you are downloading at the most of 10 kbps lower than your max capacity, because you still need a little downstream to keep the hub's influx of commands running smoothly. How's that for an evening lecture? Wink
Report Spam   Logged

QSDC's Father

FND Founder

http://www.fnd-coding.net
-seraphim-

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 10:43:49 am »

good...and tricky...Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

~We dance the dance of life~On the stage of time ~Theater of God the  holy colors  of the dreams~The fruits of the mind~They are mine and they are yours.~

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
MySMF - Create your own Forum